Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Axle-back Adjustable Exhaust Hanger

Discussion in 'Engine' started by navylife59, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

This is a cheap little setup to help dial-in your axle-back exhaust to optimize ground clearance, adjust the exit of the exhaust tip in relation to the bumper cover, and to prevent the axle-back assembly from rattling around. It attaches to the REAR SUSPENSION MEMBER SUB-ASSEMBLY allowing 3-axis adjustments.

I have this on my car and do not have any vibration issues as I still retain the 2 OEM hanger isolators that are on my current setup.

Hang-It-All.jpg
    These are simple parts from any auto supply.
    1. Hang-It-All part #17146 Universal Exhaust Hanger System
    2. 1 2.5" or larger worm gear clamp like this one from Ideal 67-1 Series part # 6732-1 or 6740-1 for 3" pipe.
    NOTE: Clamp size will depend on your exhaust diameter.

Axle-back Hanger -ink.JPG

The yellow arrow points to the Ideal clamp and the red circle points to the 2 brackets, 2 bolts/nuts, and 4 washers from the Hang-It-All kit (rubber strap in kit not used).

Axle-back Hanger.JPG

Attach shortside L-bracket from the kit to a bolt hole with a bolt/washer just left and aft (rearward) of the center tie-down bracket on the REAR SUSPENSION MEMBER SUB-ASSEMBLY. Now, attach long bracket to the exhaust pipe with the Ideal clamp. Do this inline with the L-bracket. Attach remaining bolt/nut/2x washers into the last hole on the long bracket and thru the longside of the L-bracket. All that is left is to adjust and tighten up the 2 nuts.

Thruster 9000.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.