Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

best turbo kit?

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by KTeevan, Dec 2, 2007.

1. KTeevan

KTeevan New Member

okay, so im in the market for the best turbo kit i can buy. i CANT afford the turbonetics kit unfortunately, so what is that best alternate option? i know greddy makes a kit, but i hear good and bad about that kit. my friend had one for his rsx, and he had to replace a lot of stuff on the kit, so can anyone help me with some good advice on what kit to get?
  2. Nick06tC

Nick06tC New Member

Well, THE BEST, is usually personal opinion. I can give you names and issues, but you have to research on your own what fits your needs.

But I will say, if you cant afford the turbonetics, you probably shouldnt be going turbocharged. The turbonetics is average priced, and there are always costs above the turbocharger as well.

If you have to scrape on the initial purchase, what will you do if you have problems down the road?
    A tune can run $400. What if you need to retune it at ANOTHER $400?

Just giving you something to think about. When somene asks for the best, than says they cant afford an option, then there are probably going to be problems.

I would reccomend Dezod by the way.
  3. KTeevan

KTeevan New Member

okay, well the thing is, i would want to supercharge, but at the same time, i heard its not worth if paying 3000 dollars of so for the trd kit if it only gives you 40 more horsepower. thats the only thing that im worried about with the supercharger kit. i would upgrade to the 9psi pulley because i heard thats the highest you should go on a stock engine, but do you think its worth it over a turbo? because i bought my car used to i only have a one year warranty. what should i do if i have a 4500 dollar money cap on what i can spend?
  4. Nick06tC

Nick06tC New Member

As far as supercharger goes, if you want high horsepower, then no I dont reccomend it. But depending on the year of your car, if you have a 05-06 you can get a new supercharger for under $2000.

With your price cap, I think you are going to be cutting it close on a turbo setup. Factor in, install, tunning, the proper gauges to monitor everything and not many kits are in your budget.
  5. KTeevan

KTeevan New Member

mine is a 2006. where can i get a new kit from?
  6. bwood87

bwood87 New Member

7. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Tell them Club-tC sent ya.
  8. KTeevan

KTeevan New Member

thanks! i would really really love to supercharge my car. it would be a great deal faster. and also, i heard that it is safe to run the 9psi pulley with stock internals, is that right? i would think it would be okay, but eventually if i get the supercharger, i want to run the 14.5psi pulley, but i need a lot of other work for that.
  9. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Up to 10PSI can be safely run w/ the TRD MAP reflash and 93 Octane. To run 14.5PSI, you definately have to have a piggyback/stand-alone ECU with proper tuning plus soem form of I/C. Even at 9PSI there is some benefit in the extra tuning capability. Mine went from 209WHP to 228.4WHP when Kenny Tran tuned my tC w/ the Greddy Ultimate on a safe tune.