Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Dallas Music Fest August 4-6, 2011

Discussion in 'Music' started by paperlegacy, May 20, 2011.

1. paperlegacy

paperlegacy Member

Hey guys! My band, Rose Red Alibi (Rose Red Alibi - Home) is booked at the Dallas Music Fest this year on August 6 @ the Curtain Club. This event is a SXSW (South By Southwest) feel. At this moment there are 3 stages including: The Prophet Bar, The Curtain Club, and Liquid with more being added. This festival features ALL styles of music and are grouped together accordingly.
    The event kicks off on Thursday August 4. Each ticket is $10.00 and is good for ALL 3 DAYS so you will get your money's worth! If you're interested in getting tickets you can PM me here, email me at roseredalibi@gmail.com, or contact us through our website above. Thank you all for your time! I WILL try to make it up to some meets shortly (I'm finishing my degree, divorced [happily], have a daughter, and a horrible paying part-time job).
    Thanks!
    paperlegacy

2. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

I will need to make my calendar. My Son and I might be able to attend. How come you guys aren't on i-Tunes yet? I did a search in the iTunes store and it came up with a comic book.

So how did that battle of the bands radio contest play out?

3. paperlegacy

paperlegacy Member

LOL iTunes HAS the EP but we set the release date for all sales to be 5/31/11. THAT's why it can't be found! NEXT TUESDAY!! (It'd better be or heads will roll lol).

4. navylife59

Party on Wayne
    Party on Garth
    Party on!

5. paperlegacy

paperlegacy Member

CAR!!!

The EP is OUT!! On iTunes and Amazon MP3 at this moment!
    (car passes)

GAME ON!!

6. navylife59

Totally sweet. I am gonna check it out now.

7. navylife59

Jamming out to Rose Red Alibi on iTunes! Sounds great but it needs a bit more cowbell. :) Just purchased the EP. So am I the first?

8. paperlegacy

paperlegacy Member

DUDE! You may have been! I AM SO SORRY I DIDN'T CHECK SOONER ON THE SITE! I didn't get any email notification on a reply and I've been super slammed! So you like it huh? Don't worry, you can be honest!

9. paperlegacy

paperlegacy Member

How have you been?!?!?!!?!?

10. navylife59

I hear ya. Same happens to me all of the time. Still can't work due to my injuries but still don't ever seem to have enough time in the day to accomplish anything, ie babysitting my fiancée's needs. :(

To be be brutally honest, if you were going for that retro 80's sound like Duran Duran, well, you missed the mark. Where's the Autotune? Can't have that Disney sound without it :)

Actually, it has a good sound as far as the iTunes compression will allow it to be. The low hertz of the bass and drum kit seem to be shallow. Would have to hear the studio cut non-compressed to get a better feel. 'No Way Out' is the song that I like the most. 'Blackest Gold' is good as well. Maybe I like it because it reminds me of my school colors, the Black and the Gold, of Garland High School. Home of the Fighting Owls. Go G-Town!

OK, back to reality. I lost my 3G iTouch jumping into our swimming pool to rescue my 2 year old who fell in the pool. Apparently the iTouch is not water resistant. When I restored the backup to the 4G iTouch, your album (I just discovered) did not get saved. My iTunes account does not even reflect that I purchased it. Looking at the date, did I become your first iTunes purchaser?
    One critic that I do have is that your vocalist needs to explore his range and vocal talents more. The songs seemed to behaving the vocalist just stepping up and down the scale in that octave. He does not need to go all diva with over done vibrato and tremolo nor does he need to sound as if he grew up on a Disney show and given the Annette Funicello treatment (Auto Tune). Maybe it is the music or maybe it is his abilities. If his vocal cords/sinuses don't allow him to properly make us of those techniques, then maybe some harmonizing will help to add some more color to the tracks. Too much harmonizing and your music will begin to sound like a duet. This is what the Studio Producers use in the Country Music world in lieu of Auto Tune. What might work better would be the Linkin Park technique of a backup vocalist that sings his own track either solo or at the same time. Helps to bring some breadth to the soundstage.

Disclaimer: I am not a professional musician nor a record producer. I just have about 12 years of choir in school and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. These opinions are entirely not my own. All grievances should be directed to my choir directors. :)

11. paperlegacy

paperlegacy Member

I agree with a lot of what you have stated! First off: iTunes hasn't sent us any reports yet. We were told that iTunes reports up to 90 days after things are submitted. So in all actuality we have NO IDEA how many or who has purchased it! On the lost record, I tried using my iPhone to re-purchase it and it would download it after spitting a message 'you've already downloaded this item before.' THEN sync with iTunes on your computer to keep it backed up. If it charges you again and you come to the Dallas Music Fest (or any shows before then) I will reimburse you for the album if you get charged 2x. We MAY be playing the Boiler Room (i think that's the name of it ) with the Dallas Band Faint the Fiction coming soon as well! Right now our shows are listed online at roseredalibi.com for Harker Heights (something in Temple) and Dallas ATM.

About the album, In all honesty, I was running out of patience. Our singer couldn't make up his mind about a certain Microphone and blew a 15 hours re-recording his tracks... (angry face). There does need to be more bass but we had to back a lot off due to the extreme low frequencies. I have 2x12 subs in my tC and the bass was making the tracks suffer (overbearing). We changed it up a bit and settled. It sounds MUCH better now and pretty badass on a system (and in headphones). For some reason listening in iTunes it sounds really high - frequency but if I listen with my Turtle Beach PS3 headset it sounds KILLER!

Sorry to hear about your iTouch... sucks. I'm glad you saved the 2 year old!!!!! I'll be posting more about the dallas show as i get more info!

12. navylife59

It would be cool to catch your show. The Boiler Room has been around for a long time. I think the building it is in was called Tommy's (?) back in those sweet awesome '80's. I saw a Canadian band named WASP. It was a good time.

I will try again with the i-Tunes download. I have had some downloads that had glitches or did not sound good at all. They are supposed to fix them if it is due to file corruption of IP packets not streaming. I have to send them the complaint and see what happens.

13. paperlegacy

paperlegacy Member

If iTunes gives you crap you can download a good copy from Amazon MP3. It goes on their 'cloud' and you can download it to as many devices as you'd like (even set's it up for iTunes). Its the same price and I'll hit ya back for it when I see ya! (or mail ya a money order or something)

14. navylife59

Thanks. I will check it when I can.