Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

dashboard LED's?

Discussion in 'Interior Items' started by Vital Tc, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Vital Tc

Vital Tc New Member

hey I've been looking to convert my stock orange LED's behind my spedometer and such but can figure out how to pull everything off any ideas? also the deck. I got a pioneer installed but need to run an ipod hookup through the back but I cant figure it out thanks

2. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

If your looking to upgrade you Gauge Cluster and HVAC, I would contact MengMotorSports.com and ask for Alan. The Gauge Cluster pulls straight out and to gain access to headunit, pull up on the bottom of the water fall/above the small cubby hole.

3. Vital Tc

Vital Tc New Member

ahh alright sweet thanks man by the way nice sniperwing or it looks similar anyway. I was looking at ordering that one but went with the CF megan racing instead

4. Vital Tc

Vital Tc New Member

which bulb should i order? theres 2 options -Meng Motorsports High Power 194 Aluminum Wedge LED Bulb- or -Meng Motorsports High Power DE3022 Aluminum Festoon Bulb - and how many would i need?

5. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Neither if you are wanting to change out the color of your Combination Gauges and HVAC. These are SMC LEDs which are soldered onto the electronic breadboard.

6. Vital Tc

Vital Tc New Member

so when i pull them i'd have to resoder them

7. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Yes, it is very meticulous work. Can be done, but you should have some good experience in soldering techniques. The Combination Gauge can be expensive to replace if you make too much of a mistake. There are several people out there that can perform this for you. You won't be able to drive the car while they have your gauge though.

8. Shaheed

Shaheed Member

If anyone is down here in Texas and would like their gauges done and HVAC replaced. I know someone who does it and will come to you. Worth asking him. If you need his info pls PM me and i will get it to you.

I asked him about the color changing needles as well and he said he is working on those however still working the bugs out. He can mod the needles as well.