Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Deap throat exhaust?

Discussion in 'Exhaust' started by skyarrow, Dec 2, 2011.

1. skyarrow

skyarrow Member

what is the deepest soundings exhaust brand that will fit my TC i relay don't like the angry weedeater sound just something nice and thick sounding ttyl

sterling

2. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

Tanabe Medallion Concept G.

3. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Cadence, didn't you have the Magnaflow? The resonator is where you need to concentrate on if you have removed one or both cats and have a straight-thru muffler. Some people have used glass-pack mufflers like Cherry Bombs or Thrush mufflers like a resonator with their axle-back to give their exhaust a meaner, more Euro sound. The TRD axle-back sounds great on the stock exhaust and fairly decent with an aftermarket header. If you have the latter and wish to go with the TRD axle-back, you will need to replace the OEM resonator. If you have an aftermarket muffler with a silencer insert option, you can make that into a resonator fairly easy.

4. skyarrow

skyarrow Member

man i like the sound of the Tanabe Medallion Concept G its good and low :) if i get one is there anything i have to do to install it or is it a straight bolt up kit

5. skyarrow

skyarrow Member

new question

ok whats the difference in the two besides the placement im not going to make my car a full racer yet i plan to wait after the warranty is up before i do major mods so for now i want something that wont affect my warranty which i doubt an exhaust change will affect it im thinking the touring is as close to stock bolt up then the concept G to me they sound the same running about 93db

Tanabe Medalion Touring Axleback Exhaust
    Tanabe Medalion Concept G Axleback Exhaust

6. CadenceScion

@ Navylife59 - I did have a Magnaflow Muffler (universal), but I ended up selling that to a friend of mine because the muffler was too short and wouldn't clear my rear lip.

The only difference I have seen w/ the Tanabe Concept and the Touring is going to be a slightly different sound and shape.

To give you an idea of what the Tanabe Medallion Concept G looks like installed, here is a picture of mine:

[​IMG]

7. skyarrow

skyarrow Member

Cool and of corse price the touring is 200$ more. will the G bolt up to my stock exhaust and I like my mpg will it change that any or the praformance of my car I'm not looking to get any whp or wtg here just a different sound like I sed im not making this a racer it's a daily driver if any I don't mind later getting close to 200hp after the warenty is up I apeciate all this help I want to spend my money wisely and not wast it :)

8. CadenceScion

Its a direct bolt-on, no fabrication needed. You'll get a few more ponies and torque and will not jeopardize your warranty.

9. skyarrow

skyarrow Member

Sweet tyvm for this info I think il start saving to get :)

10. CadenceScion

Your more than welcome, keep us posted on.

11. xxflyingarmbarxx

xxflyingarmbarxx New Member

is the Megan Cat-Back system any good compared to this Tanabe set up? Im looking at ordering a new exhaust and was set on getting the Megan set up, but now that ive seen this one im not sure where to put my money.

12. CadenceScion

For the money and quality, I would go with Tanabe. Megan's products may be less dough, but the quality isn't as good. Tanabe is produced in Japan, where Megan is made I am unsure.

13. xxflyingarmbarxx

xxflyingarmbarxx New Member

damnit i waited too long lol, my girl ordered my the Megan today by surprise haha. OH well, i havent heard any bad things about it, worst case scenario i could sell it and pick up the Tanabe

14. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

That is about the only thing half-way decent from Megan. You should keep it shiny with a quality metal polished a minimum of once per month but I would suggest bi-monthly. If not, it will look like toasted turd before too long.