Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

how many shot of NITROUS!!

Discussion in 'Nitrous Oxide (NOS)' started by xyz tc, Oct 10, 2007.

1. xyz tc

xyz tc New Member

:Dim getting a nitrous kit but dont know what kind, type [brand/wet or dry] and how many shot.. and im also running on a stock motor and what do i need to do so that i wont have any get problem with the kit?? and whats the diff. from a wet and dry kit??

2. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

I am not a NO2 guy, nor have I ever installed one. These are my thoughts based on observations of others bottle feeding their tC.:) Someone in the know, speak up.

Wet kits are better but require more work to install, cost more, and need some sort of fuel management that will need to be tuned. Dry kits are the easiest but more chance to cause problems over 50HP shot. It is commonly known that a 25hp shot is safe and reliable. 50HP shot will require premium fuel.

3. KrazyTc

KrazyTc New Member

Not really.You dont need any fuel management on a wet kit. You may need some tuning and retard your timing depending on how big of a shot you go. Wet kits spray nitrous and fuel at the same time.So you can install the fogger closer to the throttle body. Where dry spray only nitrous, and you have to install the fogger before the MAF.

4. darcschlydendles

darcschlydendles New Member

i have the sniper wet shot kit the install aint to hard just be carefull running the fuel line the the wiring everything else was easy

5. Soulbane

Soulbane Member

I've never been an Nitrous fan. Always worried I might run into problems.

6. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

See... shows what I know:rolleyes:

7. bottled

bottled New Member

dry shot and a wet shot are basically the same.... a dry shot does require you to add more fuel to the mixture through your current fuel system.... which for us tc owners is a pain and expensive.....if you dont add fuel to the nitrous you will lean out and eventually detonate which is...... good if you like rebuilding engines.... so what a wet shot is doing is taking the fuel line and spliting it so that you have a more mech. way of introducing that extra fuel which in turn is a much cooler cumbustion temp.... and safer and best part for us is we dont have a need to ness with a tuner.... i have always been a fan of nitrous as long as its in the rights hands and you ont abuse it.....75 wet shot will give the best push.... with out changing anything first....100 shot if you buy 2 step colder plugs.....