Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

I blacked out my emeblems

Discussion in 'Appearance & Detailing' started by tc609, Sep 7, 2008.

1. tc609

tc609 New Member

So the other day i finally got around to blacking out my emblems ( the two scion logos and the tC) . It was actually pretty easy. I am happy with the way they turned out. Let me know what ya think, yea the pics suck they are from my cell phone and in the rain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TheFantasticG

TheFantasticG Member

I would say thats the next best thing to debadging.

But for a full frontal of my opinion on it, I'd have to see better quality pics.

3. Graphite

Graphite Member

Sweet! We definately need full pics! I wanted to do that too, now I can see what it looks like! I'm actually gonna take off the tC emblem but want the others blacked out!

How did you do it? Did you remove the emblems, or mask it off & brush paint 'em?

There was a guy on another site making his own clear colored acrylic replacement emblems. He had red, and was working on other colors... If I can find the site then I'll post it up.

4. tc609

tc609 New Member

Everybody said I should take off the tC logo but I am a fan of it.

It was actually pretty easy. All you got to do is take a hair dryer and move it around the emblem and slide a credit card in between the car and the emblem. I did it on a warm ass day which made it really easy. Then once its off put some goof off on the car where the adhesive is. then sand it down. then srpray the coats of paint(i used krylon) then clear coat it. then use some double sided tape and slap the sonovab*tch on. took like an hour total.

5. Graphite

Graphite Member

How did you get the recessed scion emblem off the trunk?

6. tc609

tc609 New Member

hair dryer and a credit card. it is just on there with adhesive. slide the card right in there and work it through

7. Cavan14

Cavan14 New Member

thats sick, i want to do something similiar to this, what did you use to put the emblems back on the car? double stick tape? adhesive?

8. newguy08

newguy08 New Member

wait so how did you get the front grill scion badge off? and the scion badge in the back below the third brake light is attached with adhesive also?

9. Redneck4csa

Redneck4csa Premium Member

OP hasn't been on in a month. So, I guess I'll help you out. The emblem in the grille is only held on with adhesive. Take a hair dryer and heat it up until you can peel it off. As for the back emblem, I took the following from another site: You need to remove the hatch trim first, its just snapped on, give a nice tug and it will come off.

Start by popping off the 2 small panels near the back of the hatch, you'll find some screws that need to be removed, then the hatch trim. The center piece closest to the top of the car first, then remove the sides, then finally the big piece near the back end of the hatch.

Take a peak and you'll see 4 posts that hold that piece in, unscrew and remove. You will also have a cable that feeds the the trunk latch, you can unplug that and remove it, there is a rubber gasket surrounding the cable on the hatch wall as the cable feeds through,just pull the rubber gasket and it will come right out.

Hope this helps. Someone chime in if I'm wrong.

10. newguy08

newguy08 New Member

oh ok. that helps. thanks man. ill give it a shot and see how it turns out. ill let you know if i run into any trouble.

11. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Great job, looks great. Can you do a write-up for out Tech Article Section?

12. Redneck4csa

Redneck4csa Premium Member

newguy08 is working on this now. Maybe we can get him to go through the process with everyone...

13. Saro tC

Saro tC New Member

anyway we can see those pics again? theyre "no longer available!" i wanna black my emble out (just the rear scion) because i plan on takin off that tC one in the rear.

14. CurtisWyche

CurtisWyche New Member

Painted emblems

ok i noticed his r unavaiable so i have taken the liberty to upload mine here. now i sanded got all the paint off with a scalpel kit and junk then i primed it and the front i hit with three coats of white and the back with three coats of black spray paint. both paint and primer were krylon just from walmart and i used a toothpick and so model airbrush paint from hobby lobby like 4 bucks a little bottle and then i hit it twice with clear coat.

Attached Files: