Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Interior under dash Led wiring help?

Discussion in 'Interior Items' started by wesrox, Sep 5, 2011.

1. wesrox

wesrox New Member

I'm planning on getting some underdash Led's as one of my first mods

Amazon.com: 4pc. Blue LED Interior Underdash Lighting Kit: Automotive

but first would be these be too cheap because on Car id.com the box and led's come to a total of 150$ so the price difference has me hesitating a little. Since I'm a big believer of the price you pay is the quality you get.

But anyways these come with an on/off box already which is good and I conenct through an ac adaptor but I plan on cutting it off and connecting to a power wire or the battery. Problem is how do I go about doing that?

If you guys have any video instructions it would be cool, I heard it's easy but idk I'm not really good at wiring :p

2. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

The best place and cleanest place to wire your lighting is through the interior fuse panel. You'll need to get a wire tester to determine what wires are power and what are ground. This is how all mine are wired. Once the power and ground is determined, you'll need t-taps and butt-connectors. This will allow to have your LED's on w/o the car actually running or the key having to be in the ignition.

3. wesrox

wesrox New Member

Thanks that's way easier then having to run a wire from the parking light or battery into the car lol. Also I've seen some people hook it up to their amp system so every time music plays is pulses but I heard that is dangerous and can burn your amp and lights is that true?

4. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

I can't honestly say for sure. I have a 12'' neon speaker ring that pulses to the beat of the music, but its not wired through amp, its on a separate wire.

5. DollarBill

DollarBill Member

I have this KIT. If you go to there site ledunderbody.com they have a 2pc starter kit with a music box and a adapter box so that once you have them wired all you need to do it buy single tubes and plug them into the box with out any added wiring. The music box it comes with does blink to the beat but you need to place the box in a good spot so it cant sense the speakers and move to the beat. I have mine rite behind the panel to acess the fuse box under the wheel. Make sure you read there full instructions before wiring it in tho, especially if u want them to be on a switch i blew 2 fuses cause im dumb and didnt read. i highly enjoy mine because there not SUPER bright but at night time they are perfect with all my other LEDs