Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

kaminari body kit

Discussion in 'Appearance & Detailing' started by kiyons, Sep 27, 2006.

1. kiyons

kiyons New Member

i just got my body kit installed :)

rrrg.jpg

rrrg2.jpg

2. MDTcTuner

MDTcTuner New Member

Looks good, but the front end almost looks like that of the Cobalt. Thats just my opinion. Just wondering, but why the Kaminari Kit? Why didn't you go for the Rado or Drift kit?

Definitely like to know. Thanks in advance!

3. kiyons

kiyons New Member

y kaminari?

well for me, its mostly for the aesthetic. i like the sharp aggressive look of the kaminari and personally i wasnt attracted to the roundish shapes of the other body kits. the other kits available in my opinion are very reserved in terms of the stock body and doesn't appear as different but thats just me. also the kaminari kits are known for very well fit so it doesn't take much labor time for adjustment.

4. jhuang96

jhuang96 New Member

nice body kits

would you mind to tell us . how much did you spend on your body kit, paint, and installation???

cuz i am thinking about doing the same thing....just wanna get a ball park. see how much would it cost.

thanks

5. Azn Chief

Azn Chief Member

Looks great!!!
    I myself want the Rado wide body kit.:D Where did you get the spoiler from?

6. bdis3

bdis3 Member

looks nice.
    that is a big wing tho.
    big.

7. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Looking good. You will feel the drag on the highway if you have your wing adjusted to anything other than the lowest setting. Your gas mileage will dip a noticible amount too. Hope you got the higher pressure hatch struts or you will get clocked on a cold day.

8. Waitin4my_TC

Waitin4my_TC New Member

What Wing IS That??? it looks sick with that body kit....:drool5::drool5:

9. navylife59

The Kaminari adjustable wing available in either fiberglass or CF.

10. Waitin4my_TC

Waitin4my_TC New Member

nice:).....cool wing

11. Jay666

Jay666 Member

I like it. I am saving up for the Kamanari kit myself. Currently have the OEM upgraded 4 piece lip kit. I actually like it a lot, but want the Kamanari pretty bad.

From other photos I've seen, I think the Kamanari looks even more bad a$$ on a TC with a lower profile like mine (lowering kit, TRD struts & shocks and 18" rims).

12. navylife59

Be forewarned that it is a total pain to install. You have to drill alot of holes into you hatch. Even holes just to access the holes that will actually bolt the end caps on. The center portion of the wing itself cannot be removed without removing atleast one end piece. I suggest having these professionally painted before you final install. I also suggest that you tap the threads on the end pieces and use high quality stainless steel button allenhead bolts. The ones supplied are weak and the threads were damaged. Found out too late myself so my end pieces cannot be removed. The clear coat on the CF version that I had was not UV protectant so it is faded a bit.

Highly suggest getting the stiffer hatch struts if you don't already have them as this wing (even the CF) is much heavier.
    http://www.club-tc.com/forums/tc-knowledgebase/7011-hatch-lift-strut-replacement-upgrade.html
    You will also find the wing to block your direct vision behind you. You can still see, but it makes it real hard to gauge if that is an unmarked po po feaux sheaux sheaux behind ya. :cop:

Beyond all that, mine was an early model piece from when they first came out so quality may have gotten better. It truly is a functional piece with 3 adjustments. Looks cool when fully deployed.

13. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

Here's another spoiler you guys may be interested in. Not as high or aggressive as the Kaminari, but has a lower profile, provides the down force your looking for and less drag.

* Extreme Dimensions (Sniper) Spoiler/Fiberglass $249.00

Wing is 57" wide from tip to tip and 37" wide from pillar to pillar. Will fit the Scion tC.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. navylife59

Looks fairly decent. Follows the lines well. Wing actually looks like it has some downforce properties.

15. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

When I was in search of a spoiler, I had considered the OEM pedestal, but everyone has that and I didn't want to look like every other tC on the street. I spent many hours on many different websites and came across this spoiler and liked it from the get go. I hadn't seen many tC sporting this spoiler, so I bought it and I get compliments all the time on it. I haven't had any issues with the spoiler obstructing my view either. The one cool benefit is that the spoiler comes with 2 sets of interchangeable sides. The installation process was a bit time consuming, as do most spoilers and holes had to be drilled. I made sure when the spoiler was installed, that I picked up a small roll of double-sided truck cap tape to insure that no water was able to seep into my trunk. Plus this also acts a cushion, gives the spoiler a bed to rest on w/o ruining the hatch or the paint.

16. punk2m1d

punk2m1d Member

The Kaminari rear bumper is the best rear bumper ever for the tC.

17. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart Member

certainly one of the nicer designs.. especially for a body kit.

lip kit wise.. fiveaxis is the top of the list for me.

18. Jay666

Jay666 Member

I was actually talking about just the Kamanari body kit. I am not sure I want to get a cop magnet, I mean spoiler yet.

Oh, and to CadenceScion's comment about the OEM spoiler, it actually provides no additional down force at all. In fact, it only adds more weight to your car.

I've seen that Dura Flex one before. I do think that one is pretty cool. Lower profile.

19. vitasoy

vitasoy New Member

wing kind of reminds me of 8th gen ctr wing, but looks great nonetheless buddy!

20. excelon72

excelon72 New Member

the kaminari qualityis outstanding after 15 years in the auto business mostly body shop i have never seen a company with better quality. im buying the kaminari kit for my 07 with the low profile spoiler for a more classy look.