Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

My Headlight Looks Fogged, Need New One. Buy From Where?

Discussion in 'Appearance & Detailing' started by CameronWolfe, Mar 11, 2011.

1. CameronWolfe

CameronWolfe New Member

Hello everyone.

I own a 2005 Scion tC (2.4L 4 Cyl. Engine, Automatic Transmission). I bought this car in 2006 from a previous owner, and to this date I've had NO problems with it whatsoever. However, I just noticed yesterday that the driver side headlight appears a bit foggier than the passenger side one. I thought this was a bit unusual that one could be foggier than the other, until I took a closer look at the assembly. I noticed that there was a small fracture in the front lense of the driver side assembly, so I assume this has allowed moisture to enter. Can I fix this problem myself, or must I simply purchase a new assembly? I've done some browsing around for an aftermarket version of the part online, in the case that replacement is my only option. I've narrowed down the possible vendors I'll be buying from, to two that I liked. However the part is priced a bit higher one one of the sites, and I was wondering why. Has anyone purchased from either of these sites and can verify that they are a legitimate business? Thanks in advance.

2005 SCION TC HEADLAMP LENS/HOUSING LH
    or
    Scion tC Headlight > AutoLightCenter.com

2. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

I would try to fix the issue at hand w/ an epoxy, or headlight repair kit. Second choice would be to buy either a used headlight or new one. One site I know that is cheaper than the dealership aka the stealership is TRD Toyota-Scion Performance Parts Accessories from Sparks Toyota-Scion.