Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Nitrous Oxide Kit Questions

Discussion in 'Nitrous Oxide (NOS)' started by I AustiNN I, Jan 30, 2010.

1. I AustiNN I

I AustiNN I New Member

I have a 2006 auto tc with a Injen CAI and DC Headers, I wanna get a NOS Kit and was wondering what eles i would need to get to run this kit properly. What NOS Kit would be the best? What kind of spray shot would be safe yet deliver good hp gains? If you have any info on price,suggestions, and concerns i would appreciate your thoughts.

2. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

If you are going to go with (NOS) I would suggest building up your engine first. With NOS you have 3 options: Dry, Wet, or Fogger, but I believe a wet system would be safest. I would go no higher than a 50 Shot. I really don't believe our VVT-i engines have a very high tolerance to NOS. You'd be better off buying upgraded, pistons, fuel injectors, fuel pump, cam shafts, port/polish..etc. If you do decide to buy a NOS Kit, there is NOS, Nitrous Express, Edelbrock, Venom and CRY-O2. Cry-O2 I believe is chilled/compressed air that is sprayed into an intercooler, which can add ponies/HP and keep the engine cooler.

I'm not 100% positive, but there are some cons to using NOS. I have heard that you could foul out spark plugs, score the pistons or block, change oil more often and other factors. I would talk to a professional first before buying a kit, can't see you hurting or blowing your engine.

3. StreetBrawler89

StreetBrawler89 Member

Props to cadence for the awesome answer there, nitrous is a dangerous path in any car but the HP to $$$ ratio is unbeatable. There is a good kit out there that I have personal experiance with, it hooks up straight away and fires 55HP wet shot into the engine. I know from personal experiance that an 07 tC will run this set on the 55HP Jets with no problems except throwing code from the exhuast sensors. Now that being said evey engine is different and most of them need some TLC before the can use nitrous. I would build up the low end and make sure all of my maintance is up to date before even thinking about it. Remember Nitrous adds Cylinder Pressure which means any single little problem is going to highlighted and can cause a massive failure.

Ptuning.com - Item Description

4. punk2m1d

punk2m1d Member

I'm not lookin to add nitro to my car, but I am curious to the differences between wet, dry, and fogger.

5. CadenceScion

Nitrous Oxide

Wet System: Nitrous Oxide fed through a Square bore plate/4-barrel

Dry System: AKA " Sneaky Pete "/Cheater System, fed into Carb or Air Cleaner/Air Intake Tube, not mixed with gasoline.

Fogger System: Nitrous Oxide fed into Direct port/Intake manifold. Power levels are adjustable from 150 to 500 HP or more by changing the jets in each Fogger nozzle.

CRY-o2: Co2 Intercooler Spray Kit- lower air temperatures by as much as 35 percent and improve intercooler efficiency by as much as 50 percent. They are non invasive systems with the ability to run more boost safely and feature straightforward easy bolt on installation. CO2 is substantially less expensive to refill than nitrous.

6. StreetBrawler89

StreetBrawler89 Member

Wet Systems can also be "Sneaky Petes" as that term refers to any kit that is hidden from easy view, Mostly by Stock/Sportsman Class Dragracers of shady intent.

7. I AustiNN I

I AustiNN I New Member

Cadence and Streetbrawler I appreciate both of your suggestions and thank you, Cadence you suggested that I rebuild my engine, in terms of that what should i do/replace or get done to allow myself to run a spray kit? Streetbrawler you suggested that I rebuild the lower end of the engine, what would that consist of? would appreciate your replys

8. CadenceScion

If you have plans of building up your engine to allow for NOS, I would suggest the following engine upgrades:

* Cam Shafts
    * Pistons
    * Bigger Fuel Injectors
    * Conecting Rods
    * Cylinder Head
    * Port/Polish
    * Fuel Rail
    * Fuel Pump
    * Radiator

You can find the following upgrades on these websites:

* FastScions.Com
    * Dezod Motorsports Inc-We ARE performance. Scion tC turbo pros!

If your going to adding NOS to your tC, I would also like to suggest that you invest in an E-Manage System as well. You may also want to add in some gauges.

Your more than welcome for all our suggestions/help. Wishing you all the best in your decision making and hope you come back for any questions you may have.

-Scott (CadenceScion)

9. John dedeaux

John dedeaux New Member

Is nos safe to run with a turbo
    I have an 08 tc running:
    Trd exhaust
    Trd cold air intake
    And I believe Ted springs brand could be wrong I am new to the forum but am looking to put a lot of interest into my car in the next year or two ... Gonna start to collect parts and do one big build once I get what I want