Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Nitrous question...

Discussion in 'Nitrous Oxide (NOS)' started by JdmTc, Sep 21, 2007.

1. JdmTc

JdmTc New Member

I want to get a nitrous kit ..But i was wondering how big of a shot can i run on my tc without any problems...I was thinking a 30 shot wet ...whatever info is appreciated .. I am new to the forum ...Thanx...

2. JdmTc

JdmTc New Member

bump..........

3. carboncrazytc

carboncrazytc Member

30 shot you wouldnt really notice i dont even know if they make a 30 shot but a 50 shot would be fine no problems. but you would probably want to run a piggyback. aem makes a good one for around 300 bucks that is well worth it and has great tuneability.if you have anymore questions ask away if i dont know the answer there are tons of ppl on here who do.

4. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

There is a 25 shot. I think it is meant for bikes where 25HP is alot. Same system, just different jets. 50HP should be no prob for the 2AZ-FE as others successfully run this setup. As carbon stated, though, it is best to run fuel management.

5. JdmTc

JdmTc New Member

What...

What kind of piggy back system would you recomend ... That would be effecient to run with the 50 shot...

6. navylife59

HKS, AEM, Greddy Blue are good ones.

7. carboncrazytc

carboncrazytc Member

go to killertc .com and they have an aem one on their front page that would be fine.

8. doock87

doock87 New Member

as long as you're running a wet kit you don't need a separate fuel management computer. That's what the fuel solenoid and jets are for.

If you were running a dry kit, then it'd be a smart idea to buy a fuel management computer... but that's only up and above a 50hp shot.

I'm about to be running a 75hp shot with no fuel management. The tC will handle up to 125 before you get the issue of fuel puddling in the intake manifold. You don't want this to happen because it can result in a backfire.

Be smart, read more about nitrous and tc's. It's a great power adder and has potential on the 2az-fe.

9. KTeevan

KTeevan Member

this is great, i want to run nitrous myself, and this helps a lot. how much is it to refill a nitrous tank?

10. Butters

Butters Member

bout 40 bucks for a 10 LBS bottle depending out the place. I have a 75 shot on my car and doesnt seem to hurt it at all.

FYI get headers if you want nitours. your cat will collapse and mess up the o2 sensor not a bad thing but just something to let you know.

11. KTeevan

KTeevan Member

yea, well i want to get a full exhaust before i put nitrous in my car anyways. thanks

12. doock87

doock87 New Member

Here in Chicago, I paid 36 dollars to get the 10 lb bottle I have filled up the first time. After that, I paid under 30 dollars per fill. There's always a stray pound or two of nitrous left at the bottom of the tank.

I fill my nitrous at the Car Boutique in Schaumburg on Roselle road. It's the only place as far as I know that fills nitrous bottles.

Also, stop making excuses for yourself. Buy the nitrous and use it. No exhaust in the world can give you that awesome pull that the nitrous gives you.

13. navylife59

Well, I beg to differ. I have the Super Sensai Ninja Series Tokyo Drift edition Wasabe Exhaust. The power increased 68WHP and 89FTLBS of TQ and it is still legal in California. :):D:rolleyes:

14. doock87

doock87 New Member

I've got an electrically controlled dump pipe, let's all wave our "small thingys" in the air.

This is a nitrous discussion topic.

Edited for wording

15. darcschlydendles

darcschlydendles New Member

im running a 75 wet shot and the car feels like it wants more in my view

16. Soulbane

Soulbane Member

I just don't want my motor to explode......

17. bdis3

bdis3 Member

Yeh I would run nitrous, but I think its just too unreliable. Anyone here know different because if its safe I would like to see what I could do.

18. Soulbane

Soulbane Member

NO2 in Cali = impounding.

Fun eh?

19. bdis3

bdis3 Member

sounds like a blast

20. KTeevan

KTeevan Member

same with new jersey. lets thank our local authorities :) hands down, we have the best our country can offer.