Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Pink Gauges

Discussion in 'Appearance & Detailing' started by SweettCHales, Aug 2, 2006.

1. SweettCHales

SweettCHales New Member

Ok ay so i am looking into getting pink or blue gauges for the tC...any ideas of where to get them?

Also i am looking into getting the black/smoked taillight look but my car is already black and the windows are super dark....any advice if i should...do you think it will make the car look super dark?

2. CalBoyTex

CalBoyTex New Member

Are you talking about your current speedo guages? I know you can get a different LED lighting so they will be pink at night.. or you can take the dash apart (which isnt hard) and paint it. if you need more help just shoot me a pm.

3. Alex8181

Alex8181 Administrator

I believe the gauges you will need to replace the led's in the back with pink ones. It requires a little bit of soldering.

In regards to smoking the taillights. I think the all black look is nice, especially at night.

4. rvpps2rocks

rvpps2rocks New Member

yea for your guages if u want to change it you have to change the LED's in the back. there is a how to on clubsciontc.com. but that is the only way to do it. and im not sure if they make a pink led but there are some red ones that look pink. you have to look around. some people will do the swap for you for a price

5. WWKD?

WWKD? New Member

I love the idea of chaging the dash light color! Sounds like alot of work though, eh? Any other solutions?

6. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Member

I want to change mine to a blue, also. I'm planning on going with a Silver/Blue/Black look, somewhat.

7. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart Member

if you need help lemme know..

8. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Member

Sweet! Will do!

9. Touge_tC

Touge_tC Member

It's not that difficult to change the LEDs in the back of the gauges, but I haven't done it myself. I know a guy in the concord area that does it, I was gonna ask him to do mine as soon as I decided on a color. It looks so nice when it's done.

10. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart Member

.... me?

LOL... i've worked on a few guys' cars in Concord.. i did Keith's car... the pearl deep forest green Rado kit? just got out of the shop like finally... recently?

heyyy.. didn't i see you at HIN??

that's me!!

11. ledtc

ledtc New Member

Hey, guys and gals I'm looking to change out the dash leds in my girlfriend's car. Does anyone have the link for the DIY? I cant find that much. I guess Ill head over to clubsciontc like mentioned above. I pretty much know how to do it on my rsx, but since Ill be doing someone else's car, I really want to know what to expect. Any help would be appreciated.

12. ledtc

ledtc New Member

13. Eron_cam

Eron_cam New Member

led help is nice

amazing help there! wow thanks! and on top of all that here's the link for the clubsciontc.com thread on this monkey business. With all these DIY steps and pics it should be a manageable project! and thank you SquallLHeart for the offer of service... im going to do a full pink led swap on all the interior lights and im sure i will be messaging you with questions. thanks everyone!

14. punk2m1d

punk2m1d Member

SquallHeart did mine. Check out the pictures in my profile. The pink red line is still actually stock red. It just looks different next to the purple. Hit him up!

15. MnMs

MnMs Guest