Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Rain-X Latitude Wiper Blades

Discussion in 'Appearance & Detailing' started by TBITB, Jun 20, 2008.

1. TBITB

TBITB Active Member

so these are my 2nd set of stock blades...
    [​IMG]

and these are my new ones!!!
    [​IMG]

the difference is MONUMENTAL! a necessity and worth it!!!

2. Josh[btw]

Josh[btw] Member

how much, ive heard good and bad about them.

3. TBITB

TBITB Active Member

how much cost? $30 ish

how much difference - substantial - remarkable - significant (thesarus nearby)

the performance of these blades will keep me from using anything else forever. i cant believe someone didnt come up with this sooner!

i dont know why, but i went thru a few sets of "traditional" blades. i didnt do anything out of the ordinary with them like wiping the window when it was dry or anything like that. but it's a smoother wipe across the entire window, from beginning to end. i wish i had numerical data to back this up and not just empty testimonial, but for me, its DA BOMB!

4. aarias298

aarias298 Member

Those new blades look sick, not only do they look nice they work like a charm. I used to park cars, and all the new lexus's have them. They get the job done. Where can you get these by the way.

5. Redneck4csa

Redneck4csa Premium Member

I just bought a set of Michelin Radius's last night. Bought 'em at Wal-mart. I just put them on this morning but I haven't had a chance to use them yet. They look like they'll work pretty well since they're curved to fit the windshield.

6. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

My Rain-X would not even stay on the window at highway speed. I think that my wiper arm springs stretched when they were baked in the oven for powdercoating. Shame on me.

7. Redneck4csa

Redneck4csa Premium Member

Yeah, I think you might need those wipers one day :loool:....

8. cribbs-tC

cribbs-tC Member

I installed my Rain-X Latitude blades about a month or two ago -- my wife has had her's for about 2 years now, they just NOW need to be replaced (and yes, she bought them again). These blades are remarkable. The fact that they went two years on her car without needing a replacement speaks for itself.

9. jeff618

jeff618 New Member

xD wiper blades

:2: A little tricky getting replacement blades for the scion xD. Both the 26" driver side and especially the 14" passenger side blade can be tough to find. I bought the Trico NeoForm at wipers123 they comes in a 14" and 26" length and has the proper mount for the xD. Awesome, cool looking windshield wiper blades!

:lg:

10. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

I bought the Rain-X Latitude wiper blades in the spring of 2009 and I love these blades. I have found over the years that some wiper blades work well where others just don't last. I also swear by Rain-X Washer Fluid, great stuff and I use it all year round.

You can purchase the wiper blades online at Rain-X's website, or you can pay a little bit less at AutoZone, Advance Autoparts or even Wal-Mart. The cost is going to be $21.00-$26.00 per blade.

Best recommendation to help make your wiper blades last:

1) clean them with a soft towl/rag
    2) don't use any chemicals that will dry the rubber out (rubbing alcohol, windex)
    3) don't run your wiper blades on a hot windshield w/o washer fluid/water
    4) use your defrost/ice scraper not the wiperblades to remove ice, the ice will gouge the wiper blade which results in faster wiper deterioration

11. jeff618

jeff618 New Member

Yeah, the rain-x fit the tc but not the xD. I couldn't find a 14" (or even a 13") for the passenger side. I looked for rain-x but couldn't find the size. I really like the neoforms...about $15 each.

12. DerekTGTR

DerekTGTR New Member

I have these on my TC and I love them. I drive a lot, so I get great use out of them and they've never let me down.

13. jeff618

jeff618 New Member

NeoForm or RainX?

Which ones? The Trico NeoForm or the Rain-X? The NeoForms at about $15 online are the deal of the century. I noticed my Walmart is still at $20 for the RainX.

14. DerekTGTR

DerekTGTR New Member

I have the Rain-X ones. Pretty sweet. How are the NeoForms compared to the Rain-X?

15. jeff618

jeff618 New Member

The NeoForms are much more flexible so there are no contact issues with the glass. (I've talked to people who sometimes have had problems with the Rain-X because they are relatively stiff). They are super quiet too. Also, they cost less, which is nice - so I got that goin for me... (Caddy Shack)

Roll over the "?" on this page for official product info: https://www.wipers123.com/product_d...n&year=2008&yearhid=2008&model=tC&modelhid=tC

16. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

I bought a set of those blades after hearing raving reviews from others that bought them. I love em and swear by them. I've had mine for almost 2 yrs now and work like they are brand new. Most auto parts stores carry them and even wally-world has them as well. Just don't use any rubbing alcohol on them to clean them, it will dry out the rubber and you'll be replacing them more often. Use some dish detergent or wind shield washer fluid at the gas station to clean them. Wiper blades accumulate build up when they are being used.