Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Satellite Radio Install

Discussion in 'Audio and Electronics' started by fuse, Apr 1, 2006.

1. fuse

fuse New Member

Has anyone installed satellite into the stock Pioneer deck? It claims it is "SAT ready" but when I purchased the Pioneer compatible reciever, the cable does not plug anywhere into the back of the deck. Is there a special adapter from Toyota/Scion?

:confused:
  2. fuse

fuse New Member

I can answer my own question now... you have to purchase the "Scion" kit in order to install with this Pioneer deck. Not any SAT reciever will work with it like an after market Pioneer. I have installed it, and it works great. The Sirius antennae attaches inside of the car, behind the rear view mirror, and looks great.
  3. Alex8181

Alex8181 Administrator

Hmmm in all the pictures of the antenna, I saw it attached right next to the stock antenna. So this is a stock antenna you have?
  4. fuse

fuse New Member

Well that was one of the things I was originally afraid of.. I didnt want the extra magnetic antenna 'stuck' on the car like that...... but this one actually sticks up behind the rear view, on the glass.. inside of the car. Looks hidden from the outside. Here is a pic (and its not as big as it appears to be!) Yes, this is a 'stock' antenna from a Toyota dealership in New England. (ebay)

Attached Files:

5. traxxas42768

traxxas42768 New Member

Sorry to revive such an old thread but where did you get the parts necessary to get your stock pioneer tuner to work with sirius radio?
  6. fuse

fuse New Member

7. traxxas42768

traxxas42768 New Member

Was it a hard install or did it just plug into the original radio? Also how is the reception with the antenna mounted on the inside of the windshield?
  8. CTiZZZLE07

CTiZZZLE07 New Member

to add on. i have a 06tc and its a stock head unit...theres a button that says am/sat. and i hooked up the xm and it wont let me acess the sat channel. what is the correct way to hook it up so i dont have to use the fm freq. station?? the owners manual doesnt help.
  9. fuse

fuse New Member

To try to answer both of your questions...

The install was fairly easy if you have any knowledge of car stereo installs. The wiring harness matches up with the port in the back of the radio... I also have the subwoofer, so there were 2 ports. The place I ordered my kit from came with pictures and instructions, which made it easy to follow. The hardest part imho was taking the plastics off the car to tuck the wires. Even that was fairly easy, so.......

Yes, the reception is great. The only problems Ive had are in parking garages, and heavily wooded areas... which is typical.

The SAT button on the stock unit should allow you to rotate through SAT1, 2, and 3. Once you get your xm/sirius reciever activated, youll be able to tune in the stations with that button.

Hope this helps! Its really just a matter of following instructions... much like assembling a computer desk or something from Wal-Mart.
  10. traxxas42768

traxxas42768 New Member

11. fuse

fuse New Member

Thats the one! Most dealerships only sell that as an upgrade when you buy the vehicle, I dont think they actually sell them from the parts counter.

Good luck!
  12. mpallo

mpallo New Member

Considering a tC...is XM available on the 2007 models? The website says "Available for Model Year 05/06 tC only" when I build my own and select XM.

Also, I do not want another external antenna mounted on the back.

Is there a "standard" install procedure that takes place? Do all dealers have that one pictured above where it goes behind the rear view mirror, or do most use the external mount kit?
  13. smaterblah

smaterblah New Member

Although I did not get it when i bought the car a week ago, I had the option of XM or Sirius on my 07 TC. I don't believe any dealer install uses an external mount. The car is made to have SAT built right in.

Ask your dealer of course, and please have your pets spayed or neutered.

Thanks! :)
  14. ericka7921

ericka7921 New Member

need help...thanks!

So I bought the Sirius Sat Radio tuner kit and I'm trying to install it. I have no idea how to connect the wires to the factory unit. Am I somehow supposed to mount the antenna on the top glass? Are you guys saying that I need to return what I have and buy a Scion-specific kit? Please help! Thanks. :confused:
  15. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Scion specific kit plugs directly to the radio. Most people install the antenna inside the car on the rear sunroof glass of on the windshield next to the rearview mirror.
  16. ericka7921

ericka7921 New Member

cool i'll put it on the inside glass. how do i connect it to the radio? i have the cord but dont know where to put it.
  17. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Read the directions as I am not sure where a universal is going to connect to the factory system.