Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Sneaky Pete!

Discussion in 'Nitrous Oxide (NOS)' started by 08scion, Apr 29, 2009.

1. 08scion

08scion Member

I wana to put a sneaky pete system in my car. Basically its just the CO2 in the cold air intake set up. How can i go about doing this? and how much can i expect to spend? Chances are i'll just do a makeshift set up, buying parts from home debot or another store of that nature. If anyone knows anything about it. leme know. thanks.

2. cribbs-tC

cribbs-tC Member

Wouldn't pushing CO2 into your engine lower performace? CO2 doesn't help combustion as fire needs air to breathe, right?

3. Redneck4csa

Redneck4csa Premium Member

He's talking about using CO2 to dramatically cool the air going through the throttle body. Cooler air means more power. I doubt that it will be a small job.

4. 08scion

08scion Member

Yea, thats basically what i wana do. I took out the vacume house from my cold air to the valve cover. I put a breather on the valve cover and i glued a coin to the slot on the cold air to prevent a vacume leak. Im takin a look at that area though, and its perfect for a sneaky pete system due to its close location directly into the engine. I just don't know to go about making it, and wiring it up. Thanks for the help.

5. cribbs-tC

cribbs-tC Member

I understand that colder air means better performance. But wouldn't it be different to inject CO2 into the engine as that would decrease the amount of combustion possible, as well as throw off your air/fuel mixture? Maybe I'm still misunderstanding the mod. Using CO2 to cool the cai piping vs injecting CO2 into the cai?

6. RavenWulf

RavenWulf Member

as far as CO2 cooled... on my old Neon I had good luck (granted it wasn't pretty) with getting a pvc pipe slightly larger than my CAI pipe, drilling a few holes for basically a couple of windshield washer sprayers and a few hole for the nozzles from an old N2O purge kit, after mounting the sprayers i slid it over the CAI pipe and filled the space with the same cotton fiber you use for pillows and stuffed animals, capped the ends and ran the sprayer to my washer reservoir (after flushing and filling with water) and ran the lines for the purge nozzles same as if you were running N2O but used a CO2 instead. personally I only used it at the track, I would give about a 5 second blast frome the water and the about a 3-5 second blast from the CO2 as I was staging. and then would give another blast of CO2 about the 1/8 mile mark.

7. Heavy Chevy

Heavy Chevy Member

If your going to do something do it right don't half ass it... get what you need instead of making ****!!! Making **** looks tacky and leads to problems been there done that!

8. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Well, I am one for making it look good, but I have to give kudos to RavenWulf for thinking outside of the box and doing it old school style. Do you have any pics of this setup?

9. RavenWulf

RavenWulf Member

I'll have to see if I can find any on my puter on thursday