Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Which header?

Discussion in 'Exhaust' started by T.Fry, Dec 26, 2011.

1. T.Fry

T.Fry Guest

I've been reading a lot about headers. They seem relatively cheap for the little bit of gain it gives you. I'm leaning with DC. Is that the best way to go? Or are they all pretty much the same? I'm gonna be running Injen CAI and Injen axle-back exhaust. Would I need to change out the Injen axle-back with something else? or does it not matter? Thanks!

2. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

The DC Sports is pretty much the standard that all others are copied by. This is not necessarily a great thing as the DC Sports Headers has some design quality issues. I have yet to calculate out the primaries to figure out the powerband or if it was even calculated to begin with. For the money, I would put it solely on the WR Header. It looks much better, was calculated (as they had told me), implemented better, and comes with it's own s-pipe. The OEM s-pipe is restrictive so you would have to purchase a separate one with the DC Sports et al headers. So cost effectively, the WR gets my vote. If I wasn't sitting here without much of an income for the past year, I would have one in my RS3.0.

3. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

I have the DC Sport 4-1 Header on my 2006 Scion tC and I have had absolutely no issues w/ it. I also had it Jet-Coated from Jet-Hot. I also bought the Invidia Down-Pipe and a Tanabe Medallion Concept G Muffler, very please w/ the set up. :)

4. T.Fry

T.Fry Guest

Alright thanks guys. I'll take a look at this WR. Hopefully I get sent back out to afghanistan soon for the extra money. navylife59, i feel you on that income situation. i'm only an e-3 about to make e-4. i really dont make too much as you have experienced before haha. not looking forward to regular base pay again...

5. navylife59

Stay safe out there. Did ya'll ever get those up-armored tCs that I ordered for ya? They look so darn sweet that all those wack jobs out there can do is sit there in awe of those sexy beauties.

6. T.Fry

T.Fry Guest

haha sadly no up armored tC's

7. navylife59

Well, just a standard tC should suffice. If you really want to blind them with total awesomeness, then maybe you could borrow Cadence's tC for night ops and patrols. One flip of the switch and it can effectively blind those suckers for atleast an hour with his HIDs and LEDs. Hoorah!

8. T.Fry

T.Fry Guest

Wouldn't wanna get it blown up though. that would just be a shame. Only a couple more weeks untll I get to drive mine for the first time. needless to say... but I'm pretty pumped about that haha

9. T.Fry

T.Fry Guest

Dond mind this comment or the next one. just trying to reach 10

10. T.Fry

T.Fry Guest

There we go, awesome.

11. navylife59

sweet. me no mind.